Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Three

Yes, it has been three years.
At times, it seems like "oh-so-long-ago" but then, at times it seems like "only yesterday"...

But we will always carry her in our hearts, be it 3 or 30 years -- Jennifer will remain forever in the heart of her TwoMichaels and in a lot of your hearts.

Why?

Because of who she was.
Because she first touched us.
Because long ago she carried us in her hearts.
Because once you've met her, you will never ever forget her.
Because you become the better for knowing her.

Jennifer was always impatient, wanting to get things done fast, fast, fast (I have come to understand in my own personal reflections that she must have known in her spirit that her time with us would not be very long). But in her relationships with people she was infinitely patient -- she never gave up on her friends, even when they would constantly disappoint her. That was just how she was.

She cared very well for all of us, and she was the one to think of every detail, of everything and was always the one to do it all. That is why we all feel such a loss -- because she carried us all this time.

Jennifer was the most lively, bubbly person you would ever meet. She was so full of life even when she was living with metastatic cancer. She would always be there for her family, her friends, even people she did not know very well. That was her thing, it was almost universal how helpful and involved she was, be it in her church, her community or her company.

This is what helps us go on.

Knowing that our Jennifer had lived so well, even in her short time this side of heaven.

Of course we miss her. We will always miss her.

But we live with happiness in the same heart she resides in because we know we will one day be reunited with her.

4 comments:

Farrell Meisel said...

You and Junior are in our thoughts. May her memory continue to be a blessing for you both! Warmest regards, Farrell

The Stoic said...

I am a stranger who stumbled across this blogsite in the orbituaries section in the Star newspaper.

Just want to voice out that when I read your posts, be it old or new, undefined emotions welled into my every pore.

It touches me to know that it is possible to be as strong as you are. It is admirable.

May God always be with you, and may her memories drive you & Junior to higher grounds in life.

Ottilia Ag said...

The orbituary caught my eyes. I'm glad to stumble upon this blog and your feelings and emotions are strong and overwhelming. They made me stop to think about life and people around me.

wmw said...

I did up a short post on Jen with the photo from your blog. I hope you don't mind. In that blog post, I linked it to one of my older entries and it carries a pic of Jen, Penny and I just before we went out to paint the town red. Yes Michael, I for one will always carry her in our hearts.