Thursday, March 19, 2009

What Would You Say To Cancer, Given The Chance?



Jennifer was a world-class fighter whose ferocity in her battle with cancer would make Mohammed Ali, Bruce Lee and Jacky Chan look like wimps.

I received an e-mail from LIVESTRONG, the Lance Armstrong Foundation with the link for this video, which is amazing! I can only imagine what Jennifer would have said, but I beleive it would be along these lines: "you will not stop me from being the best mother I can to my son." "I will continue to be the life of the party." "The only person who hates you more than me is my husband !"

She would have had strong words for cancer.

For those of us who were living witnesses to the her daily struggle with cancer, we realise and know that she fought all the way to the very end, even refusing to go onto morphine when the pain was unbearable because for her that would have spelt the end.

So cancer, I have this to say to you: "you may have taken Jennifer from us, but the battle against you is far from over. Many hundreds and thousands more have risen in her place to put an end to you. To ensure that no other mother, wife, sister and daughter will ever be taken away..."

"Cancer, you days are numbered. We will triumph over you in the end!"
N.B. I have been involved with LIVESTRONG since 2004, and have organised LIVESTRONG DAYs in Malaysia. I will be working to create the first LIVESTRONG CHALLENGE in Malaysia soon. Please do drop me a note if you want to be involved!

1 comment:

wmw said...

Please let me know what I can do. Would like to be involved. Thanks. My email is emailwmw@gmail.com